People are always asking where my favourite places to eat in London are, so here you go…fill ya boots son.
Of the places I’ve been to this year my top 20 run as follows (all hyperlinked for your edification and eating pleasure):
1. Core-Kensington Park Road W11 2PN
Ex head chef of Gordon Ramsey’s Royal Hospital Road, turing out long trouser food at short trouser prices until Michelin award them at least 2 **
2.Frenchie 16 Henrietta Street WC2E 8QH
The best and most innovate French restaurant in London
3.Noisé 39 Whitfield Street W1T 2SF
Very good French grub
4. The Barbary 16 Neal’s yard WC2H 9DP
North African and Mediterranean BBQ.
5. Otto’s- 182 Grays Inn Road WC1X 8EW
An institution, enough said!
6.Lyle’s 56 Shoreditch High Street E1 6JJ
Suit and tie food cooked and served by people in beards and denim; you don’t need a BA flight shoulder bag, but you may get served quicker if you do.
7.Salut! 412 Essex Road N1 3PJ
Just good French brasserie food
8. 108 Garage 108 Golborne Road W10 5PS
Innovative, rakishly cool.
9. Clipstone 5 clipstone Street W1W 6BB
Great French brasserie food without the stuffiness
10. Sardine 15 Micawber Street N1 7TB
Classics brought up to date
11.Temper-25 Broadwick Street W1F 0DF
Tacos and bbq food
12. Som Saa 43A Commercial Street E1 6BD
Achingly cool Thai, with staff who love a tattoo
13. Oldroyd 344 Upper Street N1 OPD
Great brasserie, just don’t bring a cat, you’ll not have room to swing it.
14.The shed 122 Palace Gardens Terrace W8 4RT
A timeless sloane ranger classic
15. Kiln 58 Brewer Street W1F 9TL
Thai with plenty of attitude
16. Killer Tomato 275 Portobello Road W11 1LR
Taco’s done well
17. Smokey Tails 2-4 Hoxton Square N1 6NU
Casual grub from DC 10 dj legend Seth Troxler
18. Smoking Goat 7 Denmark Street Wc2H 8LZ
So cool there’s no pre-booking
19. El Pastor 6/7a Stonet Street SE1 9AA
20. Chick N’ Sours 1A Earlham Street WC2H 9LL
Fried chicken and cocktails