- heat a medium size sauce pan over a medium heat. Place the peas in a small bowl and with water just to cover, add seasoning.
- When the pan is hot at the contents of the bowl to the hot pan, cover. Cook for 2/3 minutes or until peas are tender. Drain the peas, but reserve the liquid.
- Place peas with 1/4 of the liquid in a blender and blend until smooth. Keep agitating, add more liquid and season if necessary. Then pass the mix through a fine sieve or chinois. Chill rapidly.
- Once chilled combine with rest of ingredients.
- Place in piping bag.
Now make the pasta. Place the gluten free flour and xanthan gum in a small bowl. Make a well in the middle, then place an egg in the middle of the well. Add a pinch of salt to the mixture. Using a fork stir the egg and gradually bring in the flour a little at a time until you form a messy dough. Use your hands to press the dough together and need on a clean surface for a couple of minutes until smooth and firm. Add a little water if too dry, or extra flour if too wet.
If using a small domestic pasta machine, cut the dough into three equal sized balls.
Using a pasta machine make sure the thickness setting is on highest which should be No.10 on most machines. Roll your dough through this setting, and continue to pass through each setting (without folding or turning as you would for regular dough), until you get down to No 2. Your pasta should be very thin now.
You can now cut your pasta into discs using a pastry ring. Place a little Cauliflower filling in the middle of each ring and brush around the perimeter with a little water and fold in half forming a half-moon shape. Press down around the seal to push out any air bubbles. Turn the half-moon so the flattest side is facing you, press the curved side down on the work surface away from you to form a crease and tap the middle of the topside. Fold the top right corner round to the top of the left corner and bind together with a little water. Repeat the process.
- Shell the peas.
- bring butter and water to the boil, remove from heat, season. Blend.
- Place the tortellini in boiling water for 3/4 minutes, drain.
- Cook the peas in the emulsion until tender whilst the tortellini are cooking. Add the tortellini to this pan. Add a little Parmesan.
- Arrange on a plate, garnish with pea shoots, a little mint oil, and a bit more parmesan.