In the third instalment of the Cookery Murders, Matt finds a slain Chocolate Fondant and must bring it back to life and demonstrate how to cook a perfect, gooey Chocolate Fondant!
Chocolate Fondant Pudding
250g unsalted butter at room temperature
5 eggs, plus 5 extra yolks
125g caster sugar
250g dark chocolate broken up into small pieces.
50g plain flour sifted
- Beat together the eggs, yolks and Sugar until pale.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl over a pan of simmering water. When melted mix together to form a rich velvety thickness.
- Add the egg mixture to the chocolate, and fold in the flour.
- Pour the mixture into individual pudding moulds. Make sure the moulds have been buttered and floured first.
- Refrigerate for a few hours.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven for 10-15 minuets on 180o/350oF/gas4. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
Pudding Moulds from nisbets.com product code E048
Good Bittersweet Chocolate is the vital ingredient in one of the Underground Classics. Our classic Chocolate… http://t.co/usvNQD1M1B
— Underground Cookery (@cookinglesson) October 14, 2013