A recipe for one on my favourites, the baked cheesecake.
Baked Strawberry Cheesecake
50g unsalted butter, plus a little to grease the tin
225g digestive biscuits
100g Strawberrys 2 tspn sugar, and 1 tablespoon of flour
400g cream cheese, at room temperature
150g caster sugar
1.5 tbsp cornflour
225g crème fresh
Juice of one Lemon
1. Lightly grease a 30cm spring-form cake tin.
2. Bake the Strawberrys with a little sugar for 5 minutes on 180oC. When cooled dust in the flour.
3. Melt the butter gently in a small pan on a low heat. Roughly break up the biscuits and place
them in a food processor. Process the biscuits for 2-3 minutes until they resemble fine crumbs.
Pour in the melted butter and process for 30 seconds to combine.
4. Put the biscuit mixture into the base of the tin, using the back of a tablespoon to smooth the
surface evenly. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
5. Place the cream cheese and sugar in the bowl and whisk for 2-3 minutes. Add the eggs, one at
a time, beating well after each addition. Add the cornflour, crème fresh and lemon Juice, and mix
for 30 seconds to combine. Add the Strawberrys
6. Pour the filling into the tin and bake in a low oven at 150C/Gas 2 for 1 hour. When cooked, the
cheesecake should be well risen, with a golden-brown top. It should feel slightly firm to touch – if
the mixture still appears wet, continue to bake a little longer. When cooked, turn off the oven and
allow the cheesecake to cool in the oven, with the door open. When completely cool, place in the
Posted By Underground Cookery School