Portion size 2
- 120g Brussel sprouts, outer layer peeled and then sliced
- 1x medium red onion diced
- 2x large cloves of garlic diced
- 160g risotto rice
- 2 x pints chicken stock (either fresh, or from a stock cube)
- 4x small fillets of sea bass, scaled, pin-boned and cut into 12 tranches
- 80 g freshly grated parmesan
- Maldon sea salt, cracked black pepper and plenty of extra virgin olive oil
Place the sliced sprouts in a bowl, add three generous glugs of extra virgin olive oil, a pinch of salt and pepper. Lay on a try covered in baking parchment and roast in a pre-heated oven at 130oC for 7 minutes.
Whilst the sprouts are cooking fry off the onion under a gentle heat in a pan with a little olive oil and after 5 minutes add the garlic. Whilst they are cooking, wash the rice under a tap in a sieve. Now add the rice to the onion/ garlic, and fry for a short while before adding a ¼ of a pint of the chicken stock. Continue adding the stock in smaller quantities until the rice is cooked all the way through. Top up with water if the stock runs out.
Half-way through cooking the rice, place the sea bass fillets in a bowl with two glugs of olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Lay the fillets on top of the sprouts, place back in the oven, and turn up the heat to 160oC for approx. 7 minutes, until the bass is cooked
Add olive oil, grated parmesan, and salt/pepper to the rice, mix in the sprouts, top with the sea bass tranches, and drizzle with olive oil.